Call to submission for AYK Zine: AYK x 33 Carats
Ayok'a and 33 Carats Webzine are calling on Black creatives (writers, poets, photographers, visual artists) to contribute to the first issue of our joint zine on the theme of Black Joy
Theme : Black Joy!
The zine, AYK x 33 Carats, is a celebration of Black creativity in all its forms. For our first issue, we have decided to be resolutely positive and focus on Black Joy.
To submit your work, choose between our three themes:
- Joy As Self-Care: How do you find, keep and share joy? What happens when you’ve lost joy? How do you find joy again?
- Joy As Resistance: Can joy be political or an act of resistance ?
- Joy As a Physical Place: stories about places where you find joy : family gatherings, hairdresser salons, museums, parties, etc...
Pick a theme and submit your work. We accept:
- Words: essays, opinion pieces, journals, interviews, poems, fiction (6000 words maximum)
- Art: paintings, illustrations, collages, photos, comics (as high resolution digital files, 300 dpi minimum)
Published creatives will receive a complimentary print issue and will be fully credited in the magazine and in marketing materials & press. Visual artists will also have the opportunity to sell their work on ayokadeco.com. All featured creatives will be considered for any upcoming curatorial projects and exhibitions organized by our team.
Deadline: 28 February 2019
Send your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alice Gbelia - Founder of Ayok’a
Sanaa Carats - Editor and Founder of 33 Carats Webzine